pw-Drifters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A word about what I call the mad pull

Go down

A word about what I call the mad pull Empty A word about what I call the mad pull

Post  Song Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:21 pm

Hello!

I'm posting this here because of an issue I had yesterday, in a squad where half the people were from faction, but knew little about me, and the other half were higher levels from a different faction whose way to resolve a situation just got my temper seething inside and made me unable to enjoy the game for the time I still had on -and in fact, I've just stayed on because there were two people from faction in.

So, here's what I do when I say I'm gonna play mad puller.

As we do advance in a cave, BH, FB, or whatever, I drag a first mob to the group. That's the regular lure we all know. What I do different, though, is when the tank has caught the target, I send my pet to lure a second one that I am also gonna catch with it. Basically, the team can ignore that second mob 'til the first one is dead. I'm gonna heal my pet (whose hitting mob number 2) and DD on the first mob with the rest of the squad. When first mob is dead, if nobody caught second mob from my wolf, I'm just gonna stowe the pet to drag the second mob to the group. If somebody caught the mob from the pet, I pull a third mob, unless someone asks me to limit myself to two, but even if we have more than one tank or more than a single veno... I don't recommend it.

For those who do not think it's safe... know here that it is the pull I've used in those BHs where we had no tank and I was the only Veno. Most of you have probably heard about it, we bragged about it a bit right after, the first time we did it. If it's safe enough to use in a BH where we got no tank, then you can't argue that it's not safe enough to use in situations when we do have a tank. The thing is, though, the various people in the squad also have to do their job. If someone does the pull that way, then it means nobody else is pulling or the squad's gonna have to many targets. It also means tanks have to concentrate on their target/targets and ignore the one who is fighting against the puller's pet. Nobody's gonna pull agro from that mob if nobody attacks it but the pulling pet, so unless target does AOE (don't use that way to lure on AOE mobs), then everybody's perfectly safe from second mob, so there's no need for anybody to tank it unless pulling pet dies, and even then, Veno'll just send another pet to tank it. Just don't AOE and don't lure, and deal your dammage to the main target.

If other venos from faction try to do this, just keep your mind on a single track. Don't chat, keep your concentration on the job at hand.

That was all, thanks for your attention. For all of you guys who don't believe this works soundly at all, I recommend you try drilling a particular squad to it for a while. Once you all get your mind flowing through that way of moving and fighting, it just goes as any well oiled mechanical engine. It's fluent and pretty close to unstopable.

Song

Back to top Go down

A word about what I call the mad pull Empty Re: A word about what I call the mad pull

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:18 am

Woah. Nice lure/pull-technique! Now I really wish I hadn't deleted my Veno x.x

Back to top Go down

A word about what I call the mad pull Empty Hmmmm song!!!

Post  Guest Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:31 am

hiya song just wanted ta say Wow with a capital w....

Well if ever in a squad with ya.... which is most likely in the future...ill be sure to complement ur technique... its a great system... keep up the great work xD

Back to top Go down

A word about what I call the mad pull Empty Re: A word about what I call the mad pull

Post  Song Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:34 am

Thanks, guys, it's appreciated! That day, I got really upset, I confess, partly because I was doing it a bit on automatic and didn't notice right on that my mobs were caught wrong, so it did turn ugly on occasions, and since not many people do this, I was supposed to be alone to be blamed.

Song

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum